It's our very first throwback episode! And what a better way to start then with one of our favorites: the Holiday Writing Prompt Challenge!
The Holiday Writing Prompt Challenges were made (check out that sweet, sweet video to see how it went down), and in this episode they were answered. Hear us read the stories we came up with, and check out the notes below for a recap of the challenges and where you can find the finished products.
Episode 30 - 12.03.18:
Notes from the 'Cast
J.A. George's challenge from Samantha the Writer:
Santa has crashed in the woods! What animal can help Santa complete his annual gift-giving mission?
J.A. George's completed story: Knuckle Up for Christmas
Samantha the Writer's challenge from J.A. George:
Tell us all about an unusual holiday tradition.
Samantha the Writer's completed story: Bah!
Past episodes and more available at:
Your Shameless Hosts
Who would have thought that tea, salad and a cubicle cell would lead to a podcast and (eventually) publishing deals? J.A. and Samantha met at work, where they constantly ran into each other in the break room, thanks to the aforementioned tea and salad. The rest will (one day) be entertainment history.
About Samantha the Writer
First Name: Samantha
Middle name: The
Last Name: Writer
What can I say? My parents were oracles.
I've always wanted to be a writer (except for that brief period in 6th grade when I thought Zoology sounded like fun . . .) and from odd job to odd job I held that dream tight.
My writing is modern and sometimes futuristic and influenced by Hemingway. And I have a cat.
About J.A. George
Who am I? I am...
- a wannabe novelist;
- a movie junkie (seriously, I'll watch and debate anything from Citizen Kane to Snow Dogs);
- a former comic geek who still has gamma-irradiated blood running through his veins;
- a former skater punk who still loves the music (amongst a whole bunch of other genres);
- an office drone (until I get a novel published or the revolution comes. Y'know, whichever.);
- a suburban dad who's still tougher than a Son of Anarchy;
- ...let's call it "ethnically diverse," a.k.a. a good Greek boy and Black to the bone, y'all;
- possibly a Jedi;
- probably Batman; and withOUT question,
- a GOOD GOD! handsome man.